Mr Daren Hanumunthadu
MBBS MA MSc FRCOphth GMC 7177211
Mr Daren Hanumunthadu is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon. He graduated from the University of Cambridge and Imperial College London and completed his Ophthalmology training in London and fellowship at Moorfields Eye Hospital.
He is a currently a Consultant ophthalmologist at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, where he is also responsible for the postgraduate education for ophthalmologists in-training. He has written numerous publications in retinal diseases including age-related macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease and central serous retinopathy.
All eyelid conditions, lacrimal tear duct obstructions, orbital disease, reconstruction of eye sockets, periocular and facial dystonias, thyroid eye disease, orbital trauma
Research & publications
2. A Functional Radiological and Soft Tissue Classification to Predict Outcomes in Orbital Fracture Surgery in a Multidisciplinary “Real-World” Setting
E Yang SY Chan Y Al Omari L Ward A Jhass R Pancholi A Aziz CR Bentley M Perry & V Lee
Front Surg. 2021 Jul 27;8:693607.
3. A ‘Real Life’ Service Evaluation Model for Multidisciplinary Thyroid Eye Services
Farag S, Feeney C, Lee V, Nagendran S, Jain R, Aziz A, Akishar R, Bravis V, Meeran K.
Front Endocrinol 2021 May 7;12:669871.
4. Real-world efficacy and safety of mycophenolate mofetil in active moderate-to-sight-threatening thyroid eye disease
Nicole Quah Qin Xian, Ahmed Alnahrawy, Rashmi Akishar, Vickie Lee
Clinical Ophthalmology 2021:15 1921–1932
5. Association of Other Autoimmune Diseases in Thyroid Eye Disease
M Kelada, P Avari, S Farag, R Akishar, R Jain, A Aziz, C Feeney, VBravis, K Meeran, V Lee
Frontiers of Endocrinology March 2021
6. Non-EPI-DWI for Detection, Disease Monitoring, and Clinical Decision-Making in Thyroid Eye Disease
C. Feeney, R.K. Lingam, V. Lee, F. Rahman, and S. Nagendra American Journal of Neuroradiology August 2020, 41 (8) 1466-1472
7. A survey of current practices by the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society and recommendations for delivering a sustainable multidisciplinary approach to thyroid eye disease in the United Kingdom
Vickie Lee Parizad Avari, Ben Williams, Petros Perros, Colin Dayan on behalf of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS) and TEAMeD
Eye 34, 1662–1671 (2020
8. Exploring the Effect of Streamlining Multidisciplinary Care Pathways on Orbital Trauma Outcomes at a Regional Referral Centre
M Gillam, V Vora, M Perry, V Lee
International Journal of Care Coordination 2019 22:1 27-35
9. Traumatic orbital third nerve palsy
S Nagendran, M Perry, V Lee
The British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 2019 57: 6, 578–581
10. Quality of care for chalazion surgery between nursing and medical staff
Ahmad Aziz, Rushmia Karim, Vickie Lee et al
11. Novel use of non-echo-planar diffusion weighted MRI in monitoring disease activity and treatment response in active Grave’s orbitopathy: An initial observational cohort study
Ravi Kumar Lingam, Pravin Mundada & Vickie Lee
Orbit 2018 37(5):325-330